Understanding Your Bankruptcy Options
Dealing with the weight of large debts can cause severe strain on everyday life. We work with each client on a personal basis, The Law Offices of Julie S. Levy offers relief from the pressures of unmanageable amounts of debt.
Bankruptcy attorney Julie Levy has served clients with over 15 years experience as paralegal and an attorney. She has the skills and legal resources to help you determine the most effective way for you to gain control of your financial situation.
When you select our law firm, Julie Levy will evaluate your financial situation to help you understand if filing for consumer bankruptcy or another debt relief solution would give you a fresh start. Contact her law firm online or call 707-523-1515 to schedule a complimentary consultation.
Bankruptcy Debt Relief Services in Santa Rosa
Whether you are overwhelmed with credit card bills, medical bills, a large mortgage or other debt, options are available to help you get back on your feet. During your initial consultation, Julie Levy will work with you to understand the extent of your financial situation. She is committed to helping you gain control of your financial situation through Chapter 7, Chapter 13, or another debt relief solution.
- Through Chapter 7 bankruptcy, qualifying individuals and families can wipe away any unsecured debts such as credit card bills and medical bills. The first step in a Chapter 7 filing is a means test to determine whether you qualify for Chapter 7 debt relief. If you income is in excess of certain amounts you may still qualify for relief, please call to schedule a free consultation to determine your options.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy, on the other hand, restructures debts, allowing individuals or couples to pay down their consolidated debts over three to five years. After that time period, the remaining debts are wiped away. Chapter 13 is designed to provide debt relief to individuals or couples with a steady income, yet struggling to pay down unmanageable levels of debt.
This is also an effective option for clients looking to stop a foreclosure by paying back their mortgage arrears over time. Chapter 13 allows clients to negotiate with creditors on a realistic payment plan, while paying down mortgages or back taxes.
Preparing for bankruptcy filings can take time. A lot of information is needed to get the job done right. Your hearing date will fall approximately four to five weeks after the papers have been filed. Once the bankruptcy is filed, your protection from creditors is immediate.
- Will I lose my property? Maintaining your assets truly depends on your individual circumstances. Many factors are taken into account, including the type of bankruptcy to be filed, how much property you own, if you own your home outright and if you have equity in your home.
- How much will my bankruptcy cost? Fees vary on a case-by-case basis and depend on the intricacies of each case. Julie Levy works efficiently and diligently to keep her attorney fees from compounding your financial troubles.
- What debts can I get relief from? Unsecured debts like credit cards, medical bills and deficienct mortgage balances can be wiped away. Some debts, such as student loans and certain tax debts, however, cannot normally be discharged.
Contact Our Bankruptcy Law Firm in Sonoma County
During an initial consultation, attorney Julie S. Levy will evaluate your financial situation to help you understand the most effective way for you to get back on your feet. Contact Julie Levy , a Santa Rosa law firm today to schedule a complimentary consultation.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.